Question

dewaynev

im delinquent on payment for back child support. they take it out my check eve ry week? HELP!!
what can I do to make this not affect my credit score

Most Helpful Response

Redguy is correct. Take on extra work to get ahead and/or decrease your spending. Child support wage garnishments are taken very seriously by creditors.  

I didn't have a cell phone or television bill for six years. It was an extraneous expense I couldn't afford.  That's something you might look at. I lowered my electricity bill by changing the thermostat a few degrees when I was at work. Make meals at home, going out is expensive. I limited my driving trips to save money on gasoline costs. There are usually a lot of ways to cut expenses people don't think about. 

mindjazz

I see people at fast food places  on my morning drive and at coffee shops. Those fancy coffees average $4. Multiply that by 5 days a week is $20 on coffee for the week. $80 a month fo coffee! Add fast food into the mix or stopping at convenience stores for energy drinks, which charge much more for items than grocery stores, and you can easily be paying $200 a month.

(I mean this respectfully)  First you need to mature and step up to the plate.  Child support are for you kid(s).  You went half on the act to bring them into this world.  Now that they are here, support them.  It's sad when a 3rd party has to make you take care of your responsibilities.  Plus, no one will want to finance you knowing that you lack the maturity to pay for your own flesh and blood......  I know I said some sharp things and my words are one sided, I'm pretty sure you have an explaination why you are in this rut; but bottom line homie: Your kids come first man.