Question

AMYLW1717

If I paid my collection off not to the creditor but to the originator of the balance that was owe?
I need advice. So I received two parking tickets and they went to collections but I did not know. So I paid them off through Denver Parking. Transunion had me send them a letter from Denver parking stating I paid both tickets. They ended up removing one and keeping the other one open but left it at 0$ and it states collection paid in Full. What is my next step I disputed the matter but Is it suppose to be removed of closed?

It's statement that the collection was paid in full is factual and this will remain on your credit report for 7 years from the date it was paid.  Better one shows than two.

What was already said is true, it will remain if it is correct. Unfortunately many people are unaware that paying a collection account does not remove the account from your reports unless an agreement is reached prior to payment. When a collection is paid, it is marked as paid and brought to a zero balance, but the account does not get removed unless a "pay for delete" was agreed to prior to the payment. The account will remain on your reports for 7 years from the time of the negative activity or delinquency.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To anyone looking to pay off collections or old debt: do your homework first and educate yourself on the best way to approach the task of taking care of old negative items on your reports. Sometimes, simply paying, can cause yourself more harm than good. Anyone facing the challenge of cleaning up old debt on reports, should thoroughly understand "pay for delete agreements", also they should be aware of "updating" and what that does to your score. Anyone that has paid an account that was not removed, should thoroughly research "goodwill letters" asking for removal of the negative account.