Question

Ebrio

If I owe money to a collection agency can I still raise my credit score
I owe money to a collection agency and I was just wondering if while owing them I could raise my credit score. I have not contacted them yet.

It all depends on your credit profile, but the general answer will be yes, but only to a point. Collections are very damaging on a report and will always hold you down as long as they are showing. Ways that you can increase your score with a collection are: start and grow positive tradelines if you currently do not have any. Pay down any balances that you currently have on active accounts. Other ways as well depending on your profile.

Just remember though, scores are not everything, what is contained on your report is just as important. If you are seeking the best results, you should try to get that collection off of your reports one way or another.