Question

WendyLadee

If I kill myself, does my debt go away then?
Seriously

Most Helpful Response

I don't know if your question was serious about killing your self or if you meant if you die.  I have linked the suicide prevention website.  Please visit it and call the suicide hotline if you are having thoughts of suicide.  Nothing is so bad that you have to take your own life, NOTHING!

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Seriously

NOPE! Any and all assests go into probate unless you have a living will. The State will decide what to do with your debt. If you have loved ones who would inherite what you have that has value, you need a living will and it needs to say who gets what clear and simple. If you have DEBT, anything you have of value will be sold to pay that debt off FIRST before it goes to loved ones unless you carryu DEATH INSURANCE, that says your debts get paid off when you die. 

No, the debt does not go away, you just pass the headache on to someone else. Check into filing bankruptcy if things are bad. Also, most life insurance companies will not pay out for suicides. There are a ton of people out there dying to terminal illnesses that would surely give anything to keep living even if they had to live in debt. Life is a gift, never think about throwing it away. All suicide does is pass the pain onto other people. I hope you see the value of life and change your outlook. Things will get better, just don't give up. I truly do wish the best for you. Remember it is all how you look at things, debt really isn't that bad, you can overcome it. 

Please consider reaching out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline if you need someone to talk to: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ 

Debt can be scary and overwhelming, but there is help available to you.