Question

shellyG19

If I close 2 cards that I dont use will it help or hurt my score?
I have 2 department store credit cards that have had a $0 balance for over a year now. If I close them will it help or hurt my credit score?

It won't help. And it could possibly hurt. It all depends on your situation. If you have other credit cards with a balance on them and you close 2 cards, it will raise the percentage of credit you are using. If that percentage is too high (over 30%). Then it will lower your score. But if they are paid off you dont need to close them. just leave them open and don't use them. Put them somewhere safe or cut them up. Eventually the store will close them.