Question

phatlopes

If HSBC sold my Acct to Collections can they still show on my credit report?how do i emove

Most Helpful Response

Actually, if the account stays unpaid, it stays on your report for 7 years from the date it went delinquent, not the date it was closed.  That is usually a few month's difference because lenders don't usually sell the debts unless they are over 120 days delinquent.    If it gets paid, then it stays on your report  7 years from date it is paid & closed, UNLESS you negotiate a "pay per delete" agreement in writing with the collectors.  Best of luck!

pi4st5ol

Is it illegal for the business to continue reporting "collection/ charge off" after they have sent this to collections?

I have paid the collection agency and they have removed their account from my report, however the business continued to report this as a debt owed them for 6 years. Can I dispute this?

Thanks