Question

cmk8711

If 4 derogatory items are removed, how much will it help
I am due to have 4 items completely removed from my credit report, about how much in numbers will this help my score?

Most Helpful Response

4 of my derogatory accounts dropped from EX and EXP and by score jumbed about 40 points. TU has not yet removed it and the score is the same.

How are they being removed?  If it's due to them being accounts that weren't even yours but were impacting your credit, your score should jump a bit.  But it depends on you payment record on ALL YOUR accounts.  The overall history is what counts.

Just in case someone said they can get legitimate adverse reports removed from your report, that's fraud on their part.  Federal law (Fari Credit Reporting Act) requires that credit accounts remain on your record for at least 7 and up to 10 years and no one can change that.

cmk8711

I paid off the debt completely and they said they would remove them from the credit report, and one of them is almost at the 7 year mark