Question

ashonial

I was told that my account in collections, once they are paid off will still remain on my credit.
They will remain on my credit, but they will be listed as paid. Will this help increase my credit score, once they r name it as paid?

You were 'told' they would still be on your credit, which is possible but, if you read the articles here you can learn about negotiating a 'pay for delete' agreement with the creditor,and also learn about the Statute of Limitations on Collections.  This is valuable information that can help you now and in the future. Teaching how credit really works is, after all, the stated purpose of Credit Karma,so I advise reading and learning like I did.