Question

survivor092408

I was just discharged from a chapter 13 bankruptcy, how long before my information updates

It will drop off 7 years after it was granted. Otherwise it won't "update" in the traditional sense (just like your trustee payments never showed up on it.)
--

I would advise you to get a small credit card (secured or not, up to you), and use it to slowly build up your credit again (just be sure to never have any balance on it greater than 10% of the limit). If you have an ongoing mortgage and/or car loan, no worries (just keep those up too). 

--

Also, that CC will jump-start your credit reports, as oftentimes if you have no ongoing credit (and haven't for 5 years), some bureaus won't report anything on you if a lender does a hard inquiry (I don't know if it's a bug in the system or what).

--

I know this because my own Ch. 13 was discharged last September, and I got the formal notice in 12/2015. First thing I did was get a credit card and used it a little (I bought gasoline with it and faithfully paid down the balance every month). Equifax and TU wouldn't report anything about me to a mortgage lender until the CC company lodged their first report... fortunately it also bumped my scores high enough to get an excellent rate on the (VA) home loan... (I closed on 2/2016). :)

--

Hope that helps you out a little.