Question

Rankirocks

I want to Pay off a collection how do I get it to come off my credit report or should I not Pay it?
I have 2 collections under $100. They are from May 2016 & Feb 2016. I went to apply for a car loan. I got denied (my score is 594) The loan officer said to get these collections resolved and off my report & it will bring my score up enough to a get a car loan.

How do I got about getting these off my credit report?
Pay them off? or not?

Read the articles here to learn how to negotiate a 'pay for delete' agreement and the statute of limitations on collections.  These can save you money and possibly get the accounts removed from your reports.  Otherwise, they will remain for 7 yearss before falling off.

Depends how much time you have on your hands. If you decide to dispute the accounts you theres a chance that they remain and you could waste weeks, but if you call and ask to do a "paid to delete" they could decide to do it or might say no and just show a "paid in full" or if you want you can also pay some "settled for a lesser amount" . Every credit profile is different so If I were you I would call the loan officer and ask him the what ifs. Do they prefer paid in full opposed to a settled for less collection? Ofcourse it would be nice to completely delete these items but it will depend on if the collection agency works with you. Never admit to the debt by the way if you plan on disputing otherwise it can make the debt new. Goodluck!

Read about "pay for delete agreements" and try your best to get one. This needs to be done PRIOR to paying, obviously. You might also contact whatever company you originally owed the money to first and ask them if they will pull the account back from collections in exchange for your payment in full. If all of this fails, look the accounts over closely to see if there is anything worthy of disputing. Also know that there is more than one auto lender out there, just because one says no, doesn't mean that they all will say no. Many dealerships advertise to have lenders on hand for all credit situations.