Question

dcooke19

I want to close 3 accounts. Yes or no?
I recently got a modest inheritance after my father passed. It was enough to pay off 3 cars and 7 store charge accounts. All that is left is my mortgage. I put some $$ on it too. The condo appraised for $80k, and I now owe $49k.
I want to get rid of my value city furniture, home shopping network, and Meier accounts. Since I have no issues with income to debt ratio, and all credit balances are at $0, can I cancel those cards without screwing up my score?

Incidentally, my score is 100 points lower with Equifax than it is with Experian. and TransUnion. Thoughts/advice?

NO.  You reduce your total credit limit which will lower your score.  And all of your questions are answered in the articles on this site since teaching about credit is the sole purpose of Credit Karma.  Please read the articles so that you can gain this much needed credit knowledge. 

Pay off but not Close

By closing your accounts you will affect 2 things: age of credit and amount of available credit. How old is your credit with these cards?  I would only close these cards if they are relatively new in age and low credit limits.

However, if they are older cards--you've had them for 5 or more years, reconsider closing them.  Pay them off, leave them open and use each card maybe twice a year so they aren't closed by the issuer.