Question

christianvinas

i want to apply for a credit card to buld my credit but I'm afraid i would get denied ...
I want to build my credit I just need a credit card but I don't want to be denied. because my credit score will decrease. Any advice on what to do?

Most Helpful Response

Secured card

jwsister's is right you need a secured card. Try capital one secured card its very competetive and affordable. I know this i use one.

christianvinas

thanks i'll check it out.

Try a secured card.

Applying for a "regular" credit card when you don't have a solid credit history may mean a denial.  But you can build your credit history by getting a "secured" credit card.  With a secured card, you deposit a specified amount in the issuer's bank and they give you a credit card with that limit.  After a few months of careful usage and reliable payment, you would qualify for a "regular" credit card.  Your credit limit might be low, but would build over time.

Check the credit cards on this site for a secured card and make sure said card will carry a Visa or Mastercard logo, since those are generally accepted almost anywhere.

christianvinas

Thank you !