Question

CreditKUser123

I removed and incorrect collection & my score dropped over 80 points!
I recently filed a dispute against a collection for $45 from 2011 that did not belong to me. It was successfully removed and my credit score has now dropped 80 points! I have no new changes to my credit history. No new loans opened or paid off, no collections, no late payments, etc. The ONLY change was that this incorrect collect was removed. Why would my credit have dropped SO drastically? I don't understand.

the same exact thing happened to me!! An update went through where paid down around $3,500 over various cards and loans and  also a collection for $6,400 was removed and im down 82 points!!! i worked so hard to build my score to the 667 i had from a 527 and now im back at 588?!?! you got to be kidding me. What a scam!! PS - dont open any cards with Synchrony bank just DONT DO IT you will be paying on time every month in full using it etc and BAM they drop your limit to 50% of what it was completely screwing up credit utilization!!

Who knows. Follow your FICO scores instead.