Question

Posted in Taxes

KreditFree

I received a Notice of Tax Lien, Indiv Tax return, first I have known i had one. It is dated 4.23.13
Don't understand why I received it so late, like 4 years and also I'm Married and I have always filed jointly. I know little to nothing about taxes. Please help with any advise.

A tax lien is usually issued for unpaid taxes and the IRS does wait a while before doing so.  If you have filed regularly, then something is wrong and you need to contact the nearest IRS office to get their help in solving this issue.  IRS can be very helpful as long as people are up-front and honest with them.