Question

Alf0311

I plan on paying off 2 auto loans...here's the scenario
I have 2 auto loans I plan to pay off by Q3, one has been opened since 2012 and the other since 2013. Other than that, I have many credit lines and good history. I have an excellent score and I plan on retaining it, but I am afraid that by paying off these loans I will be out of luck thereafter trying to apply for anything else; if the need arises. Will my score drop dramatically and is there a simulator available anywhere that can give me an answer to this scenario?

Your score should drop that much.  It will add to your good credit history, but it will damage your utilization.  I had a credit score of 749 and the only debts I had were credit cards (no mortgage or auto).  I have an auto loan now and my score is 779.  I'm assuming when I pay it off, my score will probably go back down to about 749 again, but it is still a good score.  You can go to www.credit.about.com and/or bankrate.com and check for score simulators (I've heard the one on this site sucks).  Best of luck!