Question

Chandla

I paid off two collections and my score DROPPED 30 points in a week !! WHY ???
I don't understand how that can happen. Nothing else changed...what DID change was positive. Two collections were paid off and removed. Just how does that cause my score to drop THIRTY points? And who exactly do I contact to find out WTH ?

It's not unsual.

Generally, you woiuld think paying off debts would be a good thing. But it is considered a major change in your report and major changes generally drop your score.  Its a safety device set up in the scoring models to prevent people with weak credit history from going out and getting new credit as soon as they pay off old debts. 

Your score should bounce back within 30 to 60 days if nothing else changes.  Its just the way it works.