Question

Stephanie0503

I paid a collection account off and it's been past 2 of their billing cycles.
I paid a collection account off and it's been past 2 of their billing cycles. Why hasn't it come off of Credit Karma yet?

I suggest taking the time to read the articles on this site so you can learn more about credit since that is the sole purpose of Credit Karma---teaching people about how to build and use credit in this credit dependent world.

Unless you negotiated a "pay for delete" agreement with the creditors prior to making the last payments on those collection accounts, the reports of their existence will remain on your credit report for the next 7 years since the accounts were part of your credit history. The prior 7 years credit history is what most future credit accounts will look at, so you want to make sure yours is good by avoiding any and all negative activity.

Stephanie0503

I should have worded my question differently. I know it will not come off of my credit for 7 years from the date the collection was established. I'm just wondering why it takes so long to update on Credit Karma that the account has been paid. All of my other accounts update quickly. Thanks.