Question

michaelmartins

I only have one loan Sally May (student loan) no debits nor credit cards.
How can I determine who filled a legal demand that shows on my credit report since I was never served

Most Helpful Response

All the info should be on your CR

Your CR will have a mailing address for any creditor reporting an account. 

But first, Send a "Validation Letter" to the CRA.  you can find a template for this type of letter on line. The letter will require them to show you all related info on this account including an accounting of the how you were billed on the account and who the original creditor was. 

often times it's more work than its worth to them and they will just drop the collections.