Question

nanodaddy

I need to re-build my credit, what is a good credit card to begin with?
I have never owned a credit card, what is a good card to begin with?

Standard advice is credit unions with more lax approval critieria and/or secured.

That depends on where your score is now.

It varys for anyone,  Obviously if you haven't had any credit cards, you probably have a thin credit file.  

I suggest going to your bank or better yet, a local credit union.  Ask to talk to a new accounts person. They can help you figure out what steps you'll need to take to start to re-build your credit.