Question

1200galapago

I need to raise my credit score 2 points in the next 7 days. Is it possible?
Could paying down my credit utilization from 80% to 50% possibly achieve this?

Maybe. You would need to find out when the accounts that you are paying on update your balance profile. Most companies do this once a month.  So if my Chase card updates on the 15th and today is the 9th, if I were to make payment electronically today and figure that my payment will be reflected on my account within three days, then yes, that could raise my score in time for a credit pull from the agencies.

1200galapago

Ah yes! Excellent point - thank you for the reminder. If the cards I'm paying down don't report before my lender pulls my scores, it doesn't matter how much i pay down. OK I got that!

So I know it would be a very general and very vision impared figure, but would you venture a guess at how much utilization I would need to pay down in order to get those 2 points?

icuhowie

Maybe,  LOL,   yeah Right when Pigs Fly.   

There is a Zero Chance,   Zip, 0 ,  Never would happen in a million Years. 

Zero Chance

1200galapago

Thanks for the emphatic answer. Got it. What is a more resalistic timeframe in which I might see my score move by paying a good portion of my credit card balances?

30 days and take it from 80 to 10 an you'll see a whopping increase.    I'm sure you'll see an increase taking it from 80 to 50 in the same 30 days period, however, the amount of the score increase is as mysterious as is some of the greatest mysteries of mankind.