Question

Altier336

I need to pay off about $15,000 in credit card debt. What's the best way to do this?
So I have around $15k in credit card debt. I'm so disappointed for letting it get this far but I've come to point where I need to take care of this before it buries me.

Before last year I had around $7k in debt but I went through a job loss at the end of 2013 which set me back. At the beginning of 2014 I got a great job where I make $60k a year in Miami. I had a really hard time adjusting to the cost of living when I moved. Rent costs are basically double what they are in NC. I went from paying $700 to paying $1300 in rent! With my rent increase and some bad financial decisions, my debt escalated to where it is now. My credit score has gone from around 750 to 630. I've taken some steps to lower my expenses like refinancing my car which saved me $100 a month and I recently moved to a cheaper place which also saves me $100 a month.

I can afford to make all my payments but I don't have a ton of free money to throw at paying off my debt. I've thought of consolidating my debt but with my current credit score I doubt I could secure a loan. I'm so angry at myself for being so irresponsible with my finances but I need to do something about it. What should I do? Thanks in advance

Google Dave Ramsey  

Google the 7 baby steps by Dave Ramsey

Good Luck.