Question

Sfsu93

I need to add one more credit card to improve my score, but I have 8 hard inquires, should I apply?
My current credit score is 750. The only two factors hurting me currently are my 8 hard inquiries (I recently bought a house) and I only have one low credit limit credit card ($750). I need one more to get my available credit over $2000. Is it worth it?

Most Helpful Response

Well your credit score looks very good.

If  it  were me I would hold tight on getting any new credit.

Take a look on hold old the hard inquires are.  Would wait till 2 of them drop off,  this will be hard, but sure you can do it.

What you can do between now and when that happens is keep the balance on the one credit card under 30% when your statement comes out.   This is what gets reported to the Credit Bureaus.   With some luck after about 5 or 6 months the credit card company might increase your credit limit based on your payment and useage history.

If you have had the credit card for a while might call the cc company up and ask for a Credit Line Increase, do not do it thru the IVR make sure you are talking to a customer service rep,  ( but only if they can do it with a soft inquire )  tell them you do not want a Hard inquire on your report.

Again I would say wait it out,  you are doing fine.

Credit History comes with time, so does a good Credit Score.