Question

havok224

I need help raising my credit score please help current middle score is 628
So here is the deal. I have student loans in deferment. I have a car loan and 1 credit card all in good standing. I just paid off a collection and my score went up 20 points to a 628. I want to also know if I should open another credit card to help raise my score. I am trying to raise it to 660 by at least early next year. Any suggestions??

Applying for an additional credit card can be benefitial to your overall score.  If you management both cards wisely and keep the overall utilzation to 10%.  Be aware that your score will drop based upon the hard inquiry and your average age of accounts will reduce, however, in the matter of several months, you will recover from these and could see an increase to above where are today.   Be careful that you don't go into a new credit card frenzy, you will want to space them out and allow them to age.

Suggestion is to read the articles on this site so you can clearly understand how credit works and how to build your score, because that is what Credit Karma is here for.  And this information works because my score is up since I made the needed changes.