Question

Kamau725

I need help establishing credit how do I go about doing so

Start by getting a secured credit card, and there are some listed on this site.  Your local bank or credit union may also have them.  It will require depositing a few hundred dollars with the issuer and this will be your credit limit.  Even though this is a relatively low limit, it is a start to building good credit, because I've been there.  You want to make sure you do not use more than 20% of the credit limit per month and would be wise to pay the full amount due (as shown on the card statement) when it is due.  Since the interest rate on the card account is going to be high because you do not yet have a proven 'track record' of payments,, this paying in full every month will be a major factor in improving your credit.

After several months of good payments, the card issuer may convert this card to a 'regular' card, and may even begin granting increases in credit limit.  The more credit granted, the better for your credit score.  You just want to make sure you aren't using it all up to where you can't pay in full within a few months at most.  Keep your usage at or below 20%. 

I hoipe you have read the articles provided on this site because they certainly helped me to improve my credit score, so I know they will help you.