Question

jgenie

i need a good inexpesive site to go to help repair my credit
ou please give me names of credit repair sites i am on a fixed income

Most Helpful Response

Please also read the articles here, since Credit Karma's purpose is to teach people about credit, and the information and financial tools here can be very helpful and informative.  I was trained in accounting and I learned several helpful things from this site.

The only credit help service I have ever recommended is Consumer Credit Counseling since it was both helpful and free.  Try to stay away from anyone who says they can "fix" your bad credit and/or charges a fee.  Many of those companies have proven to be more harm than help.

One site many members here have recommended is by Dave Ramsey.  I've heard of him and many have spoken very highly of his self-help methods.  Please check him out.

Hi jgenie,

If money is very tight, you can always try and clean up your own credit report. We suggest starting by having errors or incorrect information removed from your credit report. You can see more info here: https://www.creditkarma.com/article/dispute-credit-report-errors