Question

Sailorthroughstorm

I just created a secured discover card for 500$ limit, I have not used it at all...
I just created a secured discover card for 500$ limit, I have not used it at all, do I have to use it for it to increase my credit score? Or can I just leave it at zero and it will go up a little every few months? or could I use it for 3 months and than leave it at zero? My goal is to get my credit up but dont want to have to spend money.

I'm going to assume that your ultimate goal is to increase your credit score and get approval for an unsecured credit card. This may take a little while and you'll have to discipline yourself with the spending. You don't have to spend any extra money but you will have to use the card. You'll have to prove to the crediter that you are worthy of the increased limits through your spending habits and repayment. Use the card to pay you normal monthly bills like utilities (if the utility company allows credit card use and if they take discover) then simply pay the card off. Keep the utilization on the card less than 30% as if it was an unsecured card. It may take a few months of this to show responsibilty but it will pay off. Hope this helps.