Question

dyoder1971

I just added a new card and my score dropped. How can I fix it? Should I drop it?
I am closing on a house in July. I added this card to help my credit score not hurt it. If I drop it will my score come back up?

Most Helpful Response

Just be patient.  As you make on-time payments your score will slowly climb back up, timing should be about right for your closing I think.  If you close it, that could hurt as well.  Was this something your mortgage lender advised you to do in order to qualify?  If you are interested in purchasing a home with bad credit score, check out www.naca.com; a non-profit group offering mortgages and credit scores don't matter; 4% interest, no down payment and no closing costs.  Heck of a deal if you qualify (income based).