Question

BrianMcK90

I have two accounts in collection NRTHESTCRCOL and BUS & PROF how do I pay never got a letter
I have two accounts in collection I found out through CreditKarma.com it gives the abbreviated names NRTHESTCRCOL and BUS & PROF I have not recived any letters from these collection agencies however it is effecting my credit score how do I pay them back?

Most Helpful Response

HOLD ON THERE!!!

Don't be too quick to pay, especially since you haven't received either call or letter.  Instead, go to freeannualreport.com and get all 3 credit reports.  Go over them very thoroughly and file disputes about anything you don't know about, or that you are sure isn't yours, and file the dispute with the company reporting these errors.  The credit bureau has to investigate and either verify or delete the disputed item.

Make it an annual ritual to check your credit reports so that everything on them is correct.

I also saw reported collections from BUS&PROF COL on my credit karma account. When I looked into it further I discovered that they are a collection agency who had taken over my deliquent account which resulted from an unpaid electric bill many years ago in another state. 

funny!

same thing on my credit karma.... i never heard of these places.... says its a new update to my collections! sounds fishy...

Bus&pro on account

It was an old electric bill from Nevada that went to collection after I moved. Bus&pro can't contact you in hawaii(state law)

funny!

same thing on my credit karma... i never heard of these places... says its a new update to my collections! sounds fishy...