Question

murple63

I have the same collection listed by 2 speperate collecion companies? Is this allowed?
I have a debt that was sent to collection in 2012 listed with one collection company. Check my CK and this debt is now listed with an additional collection company for a higher amount. Same Original creditor. Second Collection company shows an Open date of 2015. Is this legal? Can the Original Creditor use TWO different collection companies at the same time? This collection dropped the TU score by over 200 points.

Not allowed. You will need to dispute the earlier dated one as the most recent dated one is probably the correct one. If it were me, I may even dispute them both. As far as the Open Date, that just means the date of when the collection company started reporting the account, it doesn't change the credit reporting time period or anything like that.