Question

Cabesmojo

I have exceeded the credit simulator estimates, why hasn't my score budged?
I entered some hypothetical changes in my credit for a 3 month outlook, basically paying down my credit card debt and keeping my payment history on time. The simulator estimated a 43 point raise in my score. Come 6 months later and I have far exceeded my estimates but my score hasn't flinched. I know its just an estimate, but this just makes me think credit is voodoo bull****. Also in the mean time both my auto insurance score and home insurance score have dropped, MASSIVELY........with no changes to my home or car situation, you know, because credit makes sense.

It's just a simulator, it's not gospel law. You should see positive changes in your score over time based on the changes you say you've made. If you don't, then you should consider pulling your reports and reviewing for errors and inconsistencies. You could also try pulling your score directly from TU and the other bureaus (yes there will be a cost associated with this).

I don't really follow the other scores, and while I know KC says auto insurers, etc use them, I've never had them impact me negatively. So right now I'm only concerned with my credit score. I have seen other posts from people asking about bugs in the system because their scores are acting wonky. So that could be the issue with your dropping.

But again, credit is basically speculation with a little bit of data analysis involved. It's not a perfect science and it's rediculously flawed. in my experience the best you can hope for is gradual changes over time. Usually, if you're working on things then those changes will be positive, but it seems to be a three steps forward two steps back process.

Well at least we can agree that credit is ridiculously flawed. I'm feeling really burned after having my score drop from a 780 to a 595 over a falsely reported outstanding  balance. I only discovered it when I went to refinance my house. A hospital bill which I paid a week late 4 years ago was reporting every few weeks as an outstanding balance. After 3 months of effort to prove the bill was paid it was removed from my history but the damage had been done. So some one else totally screwed up but I was the one that paid for it. After 6 months my score had recovered to 640, and has stalled there for the last 6 months. I want to break something, because some one else's error will literally cost be tens of thousands of dollar on this refinance and I have no recourse. Now I follow my Trans Unions and Experian scores like a hawk. The scores are within 8 points of each other, but apparently receive different data because my account info doesn't match across those two. Credit is voodoo and we just accept it.