Question

nymeria4

I have an AMEX charge off from 4 years ago that just started reporting again. its killing my score
I have an AMEX charge off that i defaulted on in early 2010. For some reasons the card stopped reporting 2 years ago. I just received an alert that the card reported yesterday as a Key Deragatory and my score has dropped 50 points.

Thats why its called CREDIT HISTORY...

I can't say why it started reporting again. But it is part of your history.  The CC co can (and will) report for up to 7 years. 

Best Advice i can give is to try contacting them and see if they will remove it, but they really have no insentive not to. 

nymeria4

thanks. I know they will keep reporting which is fine but i want them to update all their data so that it doesnt reflect as new deragatory.  I might just take this up with the CFPB.  they've been suprisngly effective at resolving disputes.