Question

Puddinholmes

I have an abundance of student loan debt but it's in deferment will I still be able to. Homea home

Let's just wait...

Let's just wait until your student loans are wiped out completely. It's already at your disadvantage with the bankruptcy. Although it's coming to an end in 2017, your FICO score will probably be at a low start. That means a low FICO score and remaining student loans would double your disadvantage. Even if you're able to get a loan, what interate rate would you assume the bank might offer? I'm willing to bet it's a very high rate...abnormally high due to your situation.

Just continue paying your student loans and keep payment(s) current without any hiccup. Live wayyyyy under your means to sacrifice paying off your debt completely. In the meantime, your FICO score should improve little by little. Then save up for 20% down payment, at least! Stay away from Veterans Loan program or FHA loans. They aren't that attractive and don't favor you. Traditional loans are preferred with at least 20% down payment.

Student loans are almost impossible to discharge in a bankruptcy. You're stuck with it. It only gets worse if you don't pay it. And the negative results only exacerbate your future financial goals.

faidros

The discharge date of 2017 will not remove it from the report until 2024 or 2027 depending on the type of bankruptcy, although, by about 2019 numerous creditors will begin to look at it differently.

Home Purchase

Hello all,
I'm not to this community,
And I need advice. I'm looking to purchase a home in a year I have very little debt the only that I have on my credit report is student loan debt which is about 30,000. In addition to a bankruptcy that. Will not be discharged until 2017 will I be able to purchase a home purchase a home.
Advice would be helpful.

Once that bankruptcy is gone from your credit report, you might have a chance at eventually getting a home. I haven't bought a home while still carrying student loan debt, but that expense load might negatively impact the chance of getting a mortgage until after they are paid, since student loans absolutely must be repaid, no matter how long it takes to do so.