Question

mhenkins

I have a Transunion score of 595 and Experian score of 590.
Any advice on a credit card that i may qualify for to rebuild my credit? I cannot get approved and I don't want any hard credit inquiries, or a limited amount of them.

Most Helpful Response

With a Credit Score that low the only thing that you might get approved for is a Secured Credit Card.  Capital One has a Secured Card. ( or 2 have not checked in years ) 

You need to work on what ever bad information you have on your credit report that is driving your score that low.

mhenkins

Thank you. I have been disputing things on my reports and have had several things taken off. It's lifted my score, but not enough. Does student loan debt hurt your score? I have not started paying on my student loans yet since I'm still in college, but I have alot on my reports. 

debts that on there but you're not paying on them aren't really helping or hurting, they're just there. now, after you graduate make sure to pay them on time! once you start paying on them, they will help you. you can try capital one credit cards, they approve some low scores. if they don't approve it, get a secured card, one that reports to all the major credit reporting agencies, and pay it off every month.