Question

ddburns82

I have a question about keeping your credit utilization below 30%
I would like to transfer my balances to a card with 0% interest. It would make that one card above 90%. But, the other cards will be at 0% keeping my overall credit utilization below the 30%. Will this Hurt my credit score if I have one card over the recommended 30%?

Most Helpful Response

I did that, too, and my utilization did go up quite a few points.  But, at 0% interest for a year, I think I can pay the accounts in full now and that will help my score a whole lot. Credit can be a bit of a juggling act to where you can figure out what will pay off in the long run vs a short term drop in credit score. 

A bit

I had similar situation. I used a 0% offer on one card. That nearly maxed out that one card and my overall utilizing was about 25%. I'd been actively tracking my credit and I did see it being my score down a few points. I had clean credit at the time and it was a maybe 3 or 4 points that I quickly recovered when the inner card was paid down.