Question

Tatortot111

I have a court judgement from my parents not being able to pay rent. Please help
My family moved to this house when i was 16. My parents had an agreement that they would also manage an apartment building that the landlord owned in exchange for money off rent. My dad lost his job shortly before i turned 18 and they werent able to pay the rent. They still continued to manage these apartments (did a very good job at it actually). But this wasnt the full agreement, so the landlord wanted the rent. After a while, the landlord took my parents to court. So we were evicted, and at this time i was only 18 for a month.

This is the part the angers me, the land lord put my name down on the court order because i had just turned 18. I never signed any papers, no lease, no agreement, nothing. Never was even asked to. So now i have this court judgement for 1,100 dollars haunting my record. Because some nasty lady decided to screw my first several years of adult hood for a lousy 1000 dollars. Now im about to be 24 now, so this was about 6 years ago. I do not want to pay this, actually i will not. But i need to buy a car and im afraid this will keep me from doing so. Thanks in advance for any help.

If your name was never on any lease agreements I don't see how a judgement could have been brought against you, I would advise you to speak with a lawyer but it is probably too late for that since this happened so long ago. I suppose it would be worth a call to an attorney to run it by them, but you may have to pay this and then wait for it to fall off. I am sure it will hurt you in getting credit for a car, but there are auto lenders for all types of credit situations so look for a dealership that advertises lenient financing, but expect to pay high rates.