Question

scubaman01

I have a couple of cancelled accounts, how can I remove them from my credit score if I can ?

Most Helpful Response

They remain a part of your credit history for 7 years from the date of closure, then they drop off.  Cancelling any credit account you have may adversely affect your credit score, as is explained in the very informative articles on this site, which I sure benefitted from reading.

What do you mean by "cancelled accounts". Were they closed in good standing or do they have negative information. Never try to remove accounts that were closed in good standing. If they are negative accounts, ask a new question and explain what they are (just dont give personal info or account numbers) just tell us the status of them and what is making them negative. Paid or unpaid, etc.