Question

Sunflower1014

I have a closed collections account that was just deleted. am i still liable to pay it??
It was closed collections account and deleted but TransUnion is telling me I do not have to pay it while the collection company is telling me that I do. Who do I believe here and where should I research more to find the correct answer. Please help CreditKarma family!!!

acct sold to collector am I responsible?

I have two accounts in particular which have been written off and sold to collection agencies. The collections agency adds it to my credit bureau and after a set period of weeks, it's gone. But then they'll come back and post it, trying to collect on it again. Am I liable for this since it is no longer in the hands of the original creditor and instead in the hands of a collections agency?

Check all three credit reports.  If the debt is not showing there, it just may be uncollectable.  Depends on the account.  If it was a student loan, it needs to be paid since they never drop off permanently until paid in full.