Question

shortchange

I have a 815 credit score ,and 5000 in cash. Will I be able to get a new truck?
Ford F -150.

Most Helpful Response

Wise choice picking an F150 and I'm not just saying that because I happen sell Ford vehicles.  My simple answer to your question is more than likely you will be able to get a loan on a new truck.  My follow up gets a bit more complicated.  While an 815 score is certainly impressive, that is not all they look at.  Banks also look at your established history.  What I mean by that is you may have a great score, but if you only have one open credit account with $500 limit, it may be more of a challenge.  What certainly will help is having the $5000 down and strong rebates on the F150 right now.  Obviously, I don't know your particular situation.  I'm just trying to be as thorough as possible in answering your question.  Good Luck and enjoy your new truck!

Few things 

What if you lose your Job in 6 months or a year,  how are you going to make your payments?

If you require someone to cosign then NO you Can't buy one.   You need to do this on your own and nobody should ever co-sign on a loan.  EVER!

What F-150 can you Purchase for 5000 Dollars,   if that is all the cash you have then that is all you can afford to buy.   You Never Want to have a car/truck Loan  EVER.

The 815 is a very nice Vantage 3.0 Credit Score,  do you know any of your FICO Scores?  Those will ber Different, Very Different.

Do you have a monthly Budget of your income and outgoing moneies?   What % of your monthly income would be going towards a truck payment?   What interest do you think you will get?   

Nope you don't need a new truck,  you need a nice used truck for 5000 Cash,  then you can start saving another 5000 and then you can trade in the one truck and add the 5000 and upgrade to a newer used truck,  repeat the process.

Do you have any idea what the insurance cost would be on a new truck with outrages payments?   

Sit back and rethink what you NEED not what your WANT!