Question

LALLYKYLE19

I have a 588 credit score and CAN not get approved for even a secured credit card?
OK so I have a 588 credit score. I have tried high interest cards in order to build my credit and it is killing my score by being denied. I even tried a secured credit card and was denied ? So the questions is what do I need to do to get one to build my credit? All that is happening now is hurting my credit. By the way I have never had a credit card.

Where did you apply for a Secured card? Did you check with lenders like Capital One or OpenSky? There are also lenders like First Premiere and Credit One, which should usually be avoided due to their high fees and rates, but that may be an option. Also, what is depressing your scores? If you have negative information showing on your reports you should work to remove it, for any advice on that, tell us your situation, just leave out personal information.