Question

urka123

I have 9 crdit crds maxed If i pay most off and leave 3 with small balance will it help my credit
All the cards have pretty much been maxed out it's only a total of about 6,000 dollars. I was going to pay 6 of them off and leave 3 that had the highest credit line with a low balance. Will this help my credit? and how long will it take after I pay it before it shows on my credit as a improvement. I am needing to buy a car and unfortunately my credit isn't great and I don't have a cosigner to help. So I have to clean mine up before I can do anything. Maybe paying the credit cards off wont help i'm not sure but suggestions and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful Response

and the bureaus update once every 30 days depending on when it falls though can take CK  60 days

It should help because paying off 6 of them will lower your utilization and your credit score should increase unless you have had late payments. It should show when the credit companies update.  I am not sure when and how often they do it.  Hope this help a little.

sorry in advance urka.......GOD  jet you are ****ing me off answering question with i'm sorry i'm not sure...I don't know don't answer the god **** questions 4th time i've seen you do this AHHH......ok urka now to answer your question if you pay 6 of them and your cumulated charges between the other 3 cards is under $1,200....20% of your maz credit limit this  will improve your credit score.....and as far as getting a car without a cosigner you need atleast a 765 credit score any lower you WILL need a cosigner or large down payment say 10-15%

urka123

Ok, Thank you very much! I appreciate the help!