Question

Dinarokie

I have 6 strikes from ou med center, why is it not just 1 ? How can they do it like they did ?
I qualified for a grant to cover my back surgery because i was unemployed at the time. Everything was supposed to be paid for, thena year later I got a bill . I tried talking to them and took my copy of my grant deal to them and they didn't honor it. So now they break my bill into 6 departments and turn me into several different collection agencies... how can they do that ? Why isn't it just 1 bill and 1 report instead of 6 ? They totally ruined my credit

Put up a fight!

Make their lives hell. Write validation letters to each of the CRA's (find a template on line) Force them to prove that you are responsible for the charges. And more importantly, THAT THEY HAVE BILLED YOU PROPERLY ACCORDING TO THE LAW.  If they can't prove it they will have to remove it from your report.

Also send a Letter of Explination to the CRA's,  This won't change anything but it does give you an oppurtunity to explain the situation and will be posted to your file. 

Follow up with letters to the Board of Directors of the hospital, The agency that gave you the grant, Your states Attorney general, the state medical board and any other agency that you can find that is even remotely associated. include copies of the grant.   They others may not be able to do anything directly, but it will cause investigations that will have to be answered to

I had a simular situation when i was billed a year after my Father passed away. They were trying to bill me for all kinds of things that the VA should have paid for.  I made a lot of noise with every agency I could think of.  it took 9 months, but eventually i recieved a letter of appology form the VA and all the charges went away.  

You know what they say, The squeeky Wheel gets the grease! 

Good luck!