Question

sarah2381

I have 5 collections and 3 closed credit cards. How do i rebuild, paying off these debts?
i have 5 collections and 3 closed credit cards. I am on a mission to pay all of these off. If i do so, will that help my score or just stop hurting my score? Is there a better way to rebuild my score without having to get a credit card? my score is 551

Please read the articles here and learn how credit works since that education is the prime purpose of Credit Karma.  If yoiu need helpful ideas on getting debts repaid, do a search for Dave Ramsey.  He has some workable (and legal) ideas.

Hi Sarah, also before you pay the collections do some research on "pay for delete".  You would want the CA to remove this from your credit report.