Question

Freebirdie

I had student loans, then bankruptcy:Cant find student loans in my report-did they discharge them?
They're all showing closed but I was pretty sure my bankruptcy attny said they couldn't be discharged during a bankruptcy even though I was at poverty level at the time with 3 dependents. Is there still a glitch in the system regarding this? Or would all the student loan accounts on CK be accurate by this point in May 2014??
Thanks for your help!!!!! Ellie
PS…also wondering-does CK report from all 3 bureaus?

Most Helpful Response

Your attorney is right, BK will not dimiss your loans.  If they aren't showing on your report, then count your blessings.  Have you tried to get on an income-based program?  If you are near poverty level, your payments would be zero.  Not sure how much in default you are, but you can call Crest at 855-286-1787 and they can pull up your loans and see if there is any remedy for you.  No cost to check it out. CK obtains their information from TransUnion.  If you haven't looked at a full report, pull one at www.annualcreditreport.com and make sure the student loans aren't showing up on another bureau.  Best of luck!

Question in similiar situation

Mine are showing up however they show zero balance and closed after the bankruptcy.  What does that mean?  I've been paying them cause my attorney said they would not come off.  I checked online and I can't make anymore payments to student, so I called them and they said at first to continue payments but the backruptcy was not discharged yet.  Should I call the student loan place again?  Not sure what to do?