Question

SnowmanSnowman24

I had an auto loan but have a zero score!
I had an auto loan for 18 months paying it perfectly and then paid it offf. I've had no other accounts. I have a zero credit score. Why?!?!?!?!

Most Helpful Response

Not all lenders report to the credit bureaus and some lenders may only report to one credit bureau. I would guess that your lender did not report to Transunion or Equifax. Have you checked to see if they reported to Experian? I would check that. Start reading all that you can on how to build credit. You need several accounts reporting to the credit bureaus to build a robust credit profile.

You really need to read the articles provided by this site so you can understand credit.  One loan and no other credit accounts are not sufficient to generatea credit score.  It is necessary to show a history of responsible credit usage to build a score.  The knowledge provided by this site is extremely valuable in today's credit oriented economy.  I have benefitted greatly.