Question

hk001441

I had a negative item deleted and my score didn't increase
I had a negative collection item deleted off my report due to the fact that they couldn't verify the debt. My score is bad (low 600's) due to other items that are negative and me not caring about my credit when I was younger. However, I thought a negative item being removed would have increase my score at least a few points but it didn't =(

a

sorry i cant answer your question. but maybe you can help me. How did you get them to delete the item. I read that you can ask for verification and if they dont come thru within 30 days they have to remove the item. How old was your account that they removed?

Also I heard the older the account the less impact it has on your score so maybe if it was an old account it didn't make big  a difference on your score. 

hk001441

I did exactly what you are talking about bbrey.  I disputed online with equifax and one with transunion (I have had to deleted at this point).  I has for a debt validation in the dispute.  One company didn't reply in the 30 day time frame.  The other deleted my debt when they were asked for the validation.  Oh...and my score has increased now =)

Try harder, don't give up. Also try Credit Pro's 1-877-235-0324 they can help.