Question

Spygril

I filed bankruptcy 3 years old chapter 7 how long before I can start building my credit

Most Helpful Response

I filed chapter 7 six years ago and started 2 or 3 years after to rebuild my credit. I was able to get a couple store credit cards, made small purchases and paid them off within one or two statements. Capital One, Merrick and Barclay are the 3 major credit card companies who seem to be bankruptcy-friendly. I have everything set for automatic minimum payments so I know I won't miss any payments, but always make additional payments on payday. My score is good now, even though the bankruptcy is still showing on my credit report, the only thing hurting me is the age of accounts, but keeping utilization down and making ontime payments have defintely helped rebuild my credit. Good luck!

You can start right now. Start by reading all that you can about rebuilding credit, the internet has a wealth of information. Get yourself a Secured credit card with a lender like Capital One and go from there.