Question

Mzstar85

I don't know where to start with my debt
My credit score is very poor due to multiple accounts in collections. I have never known where to start with my credit so frankly Ive just ignored it. Now it is coming back to haunt me because one of the major items is an apartment. I am trying to move and now I can't move anywhere because of an eviction 5 years ago. My debt is a little over $11k so it's not impossible to fix but I just don't know where to begin. I also don't know if filing for bankruptcy would help or if that is the wrong route. I'm 29 and I would like to have all of this taken care of so that I can get married and do so without messing up my boyfriends credit.

Best place to start

Is contact the places and try to work out an agreement in paying what  you owe. Next, would be to review where your current debt is and what interest rate you have and focus on paying the highest rates off first or transferring the balance to a lower rate.