Question

kenth1974

I dont know of this account
I am fixing my credit and now I have a new CA calling about a revolving line of credit from 98 to 02 that I didn't know I had. It has never showed up on any credit report. I want to know what to do before it shows up.

Most Helpful Response

If they haven't sent you a letter about this and are only calling you, tell them to desist immediately.  That credit line for collection passed the statute of limitations years ago (maximum SOL in a couple of states is 10 years, majority are 6 or less).  If they don't quit, contact your state's attorney general's office and file a complaint (be sure you've gotten the name of the company) because this harassment is illegal.

kenth1974

Thank you for your advise. The CA has called me twice and reportedly sent a letter to an address I lived at before the time of the alleged account even existing. So if I understand correctly even if this CA reports to the CB I can just have it removed because of the SOL.