Question

nashvillemamma

i bought/sold a house and my credit score went DOWN 100 points. why?
Checked my credit score in Feb and was 739 - recently sold my house, closed that mortgage, applied and approved for a new mortgage and closed. My credit score has now gone DOWN to 649. Could this have that much of an impact? i have never been late and have no marks on my account.

Makes sense, but I would check your FICO scores too to see what they did, probably not as much of a drop. Your scores would've dropped for the following reasons: Closing an account. Hard Inquiries for the new account. Opening the new account, reducing "average age of accounts". Going from an account that was paid down to an account with a full balance owed.