Question

Rakeshkolipaka

I bought a TV, my credit score is down 100 points, if i return it will my score come back to normal

Most Helpful Response

Can you pay your credit card down significantly in the next month? If you can, do that and keep the TV, because if you return your TV today your score won't return to normal instantly. The statement still has to cut for this billing cycle, and the new balance needs to be reported on the closing date. That will take time.
I would lean towards keeping the TV and just trying to pay the balance down, because if you use your card a lot and pay it down (preferably by the closing date so your utilization is reported low), creditors are more likely to give you a credit limit increase if you ask for it. 

Not to mention the store may charge you a hefty "restocking" fee, which would be a total waste of your money.

That would depend on some factors.  Did you open a new credit card to buy it?  If so then returning may help only some, as the credit inquiry and age of credit would still give a negatice inpact.  If you used a card you already had, then the drop would be caused by credit card usage percent and returning for full refund should return you to your old score in a month or two once the new balance was reported.

Rakeshkolipaka

Thank for your response... Ya the Best Buy given me there best buy creditcard, I mean its a new card as u said (but the TV price was 3300$ and credit limit they given me is 3000$ so I used more than my credit limit, That's the reason credit score dropped 100 points). Now I gave the TV back, so will my credit score will be normal again?

As already advised, unless the damage is only from a "high utilization rate" on a credit card that you already had, the damage cannot be undone. Taking the TV back will not do you any good. So keep the TV, get it paid off as soon as you can and most importantly do some extensive reading on credit so you know what you need to do in order to build and maintain good credit. There is a lot to know, so get reading. Any questions along the way, feel free to ask.